BBQ Backyard - BBQ Pitmaster Social Network

BBQ Pitmaster Social Network

What kind of smoker is everyone using this season?  We just bought a new Lang 84 and will be using this along with our Lang 60 and WSM.  We've got our eyes on a Jambo or Pitmaker.com pit for later in the season or next year.

Tags: Smokers

Views: 1586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice Pit!  I looked long and hard at those.  They are a quality product.  Good luck out there!

Charles Wilson (C-Dub's BBQ Rub) said:
We got one built by East Texas Smokers-The Contender  This is it while it was still in the shop
We cook on 2 Stump Stretch cookers,i use to cook on a Lang84d and a Lang 60 loved em both but got tired of feeding it all night but they are built solid

I cook mainly on these twins. but use an older WSM for the chicken.

We use a Stumps Stretch and bring a WSM & a 22 1/2" kettle with us. Love the Stumps, built like a tank and holds temps  rock steady in any weather.
I have a Gator Pit Rebel by Ritchy Robin in Houston TX.  It's a real monster.  Weighs in at 1,000 lbs.
I have a Good One Marshall and am waiting for my Yoder 640 pellet.  The Marshall has dove very well for me in the limited number of contests I have been in (about 1 or 2 per year)for the last 5 years.  Several calls but no championships.
Thanks! We really like it! We have the BBQ Guru on it and it has made things really easy for us! Can't wait to try it out at a comp!

Wesley Jurena said:
Nice Pit!  I looked long and hard at those.  They are a quality product.  Good luck out there!

Charles Wilson (C-Dub's BBQ Rub) said:
We got one built by East Texas Smokers-The Contender  This is it while it was still in the shop
using a jambo backyard just got it and stilling learning how to control the heat and smoke. I keep calling Jamie for advise he's great he will always stop what he's doing and work with me. A few more times and i will master it.
Better check out Gator Pit in Houston, Texas.  Look at the Rebel cabinet smoker or the Dual Stacker cabinet smoker.  Both are fully insulated and built to last.  My Rebel weighs in at 1,000 pounds and can burn all day on 20 pounds of lump.
Attachments:
We are using a Bubba Grills 250RF with rib box

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by BBQ Backyard Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service