BBQ Backyard - BBQ Pitmaster Social Network

BBQ Pitmaster Social Network

Hi need some help. I have smoking meat about 7 years on a Brinikmab Cimarron deluxe using a BBQ guri to control heat and temp. I alway had a good strong smoke taste to my meat. I just replaced my old smoker with a new jambo backyard it cooks good but I don't get the smoke taste on my meat I am used to. The heat and smoke come into the chamber  above the cooking grills and face up. Most smokers I have senn have the heat and smoke under the grills and rise up and out the stack. If I open the doors I can see smoke drift past the meat and out the vent. I used different wodds with the same results.  Any ideas on what i am doing wrong or was i just over smoking my meat with my old smoker. it was much small then my new one. 

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im not sure what cooker your cooking on, but most all cookers do have the heat and smoke source below the cook grates. Every new cooker comes with a learning curve. Have you called Jamie? We dont use alot of smoke when competing. At one particular contest we had a neighboring team that kept coming over and asking if we wanted to borrow some smoke. We won that contest. The smoke should be part of the flavor not all you taste.

thanks for your reply. I did call jamie and he said maybe user greener wood. I agree that each smoker must be learned. I must be doing something wrong,because the meat comes out very good. The smoker cooks great but maybe i am opening the vent to much and not holding the smoke in the cook chamber. I was wonder if the bigger rigs have there heat vent above or below the cook grate. I am using the backyard model he only makes two size cookers the 48 wnich is the backyard or the 63 which he installs on trailers. Maybe I should user bigger logs. Any advise you can give me will be very much welcomed.  thanks lou

Greener wood or soak the wood in water. Close off on the stack damper if you have one. This will hold smoke in along with a little more heat.

thanks i will follow your advise will let you know how it turns out

Mike Smith said:

Greener wood or soak the wood in water. Close off on the stack damper if you have one. This will hold smoke in along with a little more heat.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by BBQ Backyard Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service